Mahdlo Youth Zone is a state-of-the-art multi-million Pound location providing young people aged 8 to 19, and up to 25 for those with additional needs, engaging and exciting opportunities to try something new, seven days a week.
We’ve got incredible facilities including a 3G Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) pitch climbing wall, boxing gym, three court sports hall, sensory room, fully equipped gym including weightlifting equipment, recreation area and dance, arts, music and media suites and much more.
As our Arts Coordinator you’ll be taking the lead in planning and delivering our arts programme to support young people to positively access activities to develop their skills and enable them to achieve.
You’ll be developing a varied, high quality offer that will be delivered by our music, creative and performing arts workers, covering a number of different arts disciplines.
Our young people love to take part in our music sessions, develop their creative and performing arts skills and develop their own voice through arts activities. As Arts Coordinator your responsibilities will be:
- To develop and coordinate the delivery of an engaging programme of arts activity that motivates, encourages and supports young people. Designing programmes to facilitate positive outcomes for young people; developing their creativity, confidence, self-esteem and social skills.
- To ensure that the arts programme is high quality, innovative, and suits the needs, abilities, interests and experience of young people.
- To work directly with young people across a range of Mahdlo’s weekly sessions.
- To promote inclusion and cohesion within planning and delivery.
- To provide direct line management support, coaching, and development for sessional workers and volunteers to ensure young people receive high quality experiences.
- Manage budgets and maintain resources effectively.
- To create opportunities for accredited and recorded learning.
- Develop and maintain positive partnerships, locally and nationally, to support opportunities for young people and the organisation.
- To monitor, record and evaluate work and provide reports and information as required in order to ensure a consistently high-quality youth work provision and demonstrate the impact of the Youth Zone.
- To act as a duty lead worker for Mahdlo sessions as and when required; responsible for young people, team and the building, during the session.
This role offers:
- 33 days annual leave (including bank / public holidays) per annum
- Flexible working hours
- Automatic enrolment to Medicash Health Care scheme on successful completion of probationary period
- Free onsite gym access
Please see the role profile with person specification for further details. In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Why work for Mahdlo Youth Zone
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Mahdlo Youth Zone team and to help to create a long-lasting legacy for young people across the borough.
Working at Mahdlo means you have free access to our onsite gym, 14.54% of your hours worked paid holiday allowance, learning & development opportunities, branded workwear and more!
The strength of Mahdlo Youth Zone and the OnSide network of Youth Zones is the diversity of its people; we place huge value on equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, communities and abilities.
Application forms are also available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be committed to working within the spirit of Mahdlo’s core values – Passion, Respect, Inclusion, Dependability and Excellence – which describe the way we work.
Closing date: Friday 13th May at midday