Mahdlo Youth Zone is a state-of-the-art multi-million Pound location providing young people aged 8 to 19, and up to 25 for those with additional needs, engaging and exciting opportunities to try something new, seven days a week.
We’ve got incredible facilities including a 3G Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) pitch climbing wall, boxing gym, three court sports hall, sensory room, fully equipped gym including weightlifting equipment, recreation area and dance, arts, music and media suites and much more.
With a creative approach, you will ensure we offer a range of nutritious and healthy menu options for the young people who use our facilities and also supervise the catering operation at Mahdlo, ensuring it operates efficiently.
The successful candidate will plan, prepare and cook nutritious and balanced food to meet the needs of the young people, visitors and staff using Mahdlo Youth Zone, ensuring that all legal, safety and individual requirements are met.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Plan menus that are nutritious, healthy, affordable and appropriate for different dietary requirements and ethnic, cultural, and personal tastes.
- Oversee and carry out the preparation and cooking and serving of main meals, snacks and beverages in accordance with the agreed menus and ensuring appropriate separation in the preparation of halal and non-halal food.
- Ensure menus are displayed and updated daily.
- Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served to minimise waste. Check the quantity and quality of stock received and report any deficiencies to the line manager to follow up.
- Arrange staffing rotas for the catering team.
- To provide direct line management support, coaching, and development to the catering team.
- Oversee and carry out clearing of tables, washing and cleaning of crockery, utensils, kitchen equipment work surfaces, floors and dining area to ensure that the necessary hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained in the kitchen and dining room as appropriate.
Why work for Mahdlo Youth Zone
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Mahdlo Youth Zone team and to help to create a long-lasting legacy for young people across the borough.
Working at Mahdlo means you have free access to our onsite gym, 14.54% of your hours worked paid holiday allowance, learning & development opportunities, branded workwear and more!
The strength of Mahdlo Youth Zone and the OnSide network of Youth Zones is the diversity of its people; we place huge value on equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, communities and abilities.
This role offers:
- Free onsite gym access
- Life insurance
- Birthday gift
- Automatic enrolment to Medicash Health Care scheme on successful completion of probationary period
In accordance with Mahdlo’s Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires an enhanced DBS check and will require you to complete Safeguarding training within three months of appointment and refresher training thereafter.
Application forms are also available by emailing email@example.com.
You must be committed to working within the spirit of Mahdlo’s core values – Passion, Respect, Inclusion, Dependability and Excellence – which describe the way we work.