We have an exciting opportunity available to recruit a Cook to join our Catering team. The successful candidate will assist in the planning, preparation and cooking of nutritious and balanced food to meet the needs of the young people, visitors and staff using Mahdlo Youth Zone.
- Assist with the planning of menus that are nutritious, affordable and appropriate for different dietary requirements and ethnic, cultural, and personal tastes.
- Prepare, cook and serve main meals, snacks and beverages in accordance with the agreed menus and ensuring appropriate separation in the preparation of halal and non-halal food.
- Ensure menus are displayed and updated daily showing choices.
- Serve in the tuck shop
- Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served to minimise waste.
- Clear tables, wash and clean crockery, utensils, kitchen equipment work surfaces, floors and the dining area to ensure that the necessary hygiene and health and safety standards are maintained in the kitchen and dining room as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene regulations, that the appropriate clothing including head wear is worn at all times and that a high standard of personal hygiene is maintained by yourself and all others using or working in the kitchen
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is regularly checked and any faults/repairs required are reported to your line manager or the Facilities Manager.
- Ensure food is stored correctly and at correct temperatures.
Application forms are also available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be committed to working within the spirit of Mahdlo’s core values – Passion, Respect, Inclusion, Dependability and Excellence – which describe the way we work.