Mahdlo Youth Zone is a state-of-the-art multi-million Pound location providing young people aged 8 to 19, and up to 25 for those with additional needs, engaging and exciting opportunities to try something new, seven days a week.
We’ve got incredible facilities including a 3G Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) pitch climbing wall, boxing gym, three court sports hall, sensory room, fully equipped gym including weightlifting equipment, recreation area and dance, arts, music and media suites and much more.
Holiday Zone takes place every time there’s a school holiday, from one week half-terms to the full six-week holidays. From trips and adventures to photography walks, football and dodgeball tournaments and fine art and messy play, Holiday Zone offers hundreds of opportunities for development and fun, every day we’re open.
As a Holiday Zone Activity Worker you’ll be delivering a range of exciting activity programmes to children and young people that will challenge, stimulate and provide new opportunities.
Why work for Mahdlo Youth Zone
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Mahdlo Youth Zone team and to help to create a long-lasting legacy for young people across the borough.
Working at Mahdlo means you have free access to our onsite gym, 14.54% of your hours worked paid holiday allowance, learning & development opportunities, branded workwear and more!
The strength of Mahdlo Youth Zone and the OnSide network of Youth Zones is the diversity of its people; we place huge value on equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, communities and abilities.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To work directly with children and young people (8-12 years and / or 13-19, 25 with a disability) to lead and deliver safe sessions within the Youth Zone.
- To confidently establish and maintain positive relationships with groups of children and young people.
- To work with young people from a range of backgrounds and with a range of needs.
- Effectively communicate at all levels, orally and in writing.
- To work alongside other team members and provide guidance and support to young leaders and volunteers.
- To attend training and development events where required.
- To be able to work from own initiative, including; being flexible to meet the needs of children and young people.
- To work alongside Youth Workers, Volunteers and Young Leaders to deliver activities.
- To promote cultural cohesion and inclusion, and proactively challenge any prejudice and discrimination.
- To ensure the participation of young people in activities and that their ideas contribute fully in the delivery and evaluation of sessions.
- To understand and adhere to Mahdlo policies and procedures at all times with particular emphasis on equal opportunities, health and safety and safeguarding.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people at all times.
- To monitor, record and evaluate sessions in accordance with Mahdlo’s systems.
- To be an active member of the team and operate in line with Mahdlo’s values and principles.
- To promote a positive image of Mahdlo through your work with children and young people
This role offers:
- Automatic enrolment to Medicash Health Care scheme on successful completion of probationary period
- Free onsite gym access
In accordance with Mahdlo’s Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires an enhanced DBS check and will require you to complete Safeguarding training within three months of appointment and refresher training thereafter.
Application forms are also available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be committed to working within the spirit of Mahdlo’s core values – Passion, Respect, Inclusion, Dependability and Excellence – which describe the way we work.
Closing date: midday on Thursday 26th May 2022