Mahdlo Youth Zone is a state-of-the-art multi-million Pound location providing young people aged 8 to 19, and up to 25 for those with additional needs, engaging and exciting opportunities to try something new, seven days a week.
We’ve got incredible facilities including a 3G Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) pitch climbing wall, boxing gym, three court sports hall, sensory room, fully equipped gym including weightlifting equipment, recreation area and dance, arts, music and media suites and much more.
Holiday Zone takes place every time there’s a school holiday, from one week half-terms to the full six-week holidays. From trips and adventures to photography walks, football and dodgeball tournaments and fine art and messy play, Holiday Zone offers hundreds of opportunities for development and fun, every day we’re open.
Youth Workers deliver professional youth work to deliver a range of exciting programmes to children and young people that will challenge, stimulate and provide new opportunities in line with the Mahdlo key themes; Get Active, Get Creative, Get Sorted, Get Outdoors, Get Connected, and Get Ahead.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Working directly with children and young people (8-12 years and / or 13-19 years) to support their personal, emotional and social development by delivering programmes of activities and services, at Mahdlo.
- To directly deliver a planned, high quality programme of activity that is exciting, safe, and developmental and directly responds to the diverse needs, concerns and interests of our members. Offering opportunities and encouraging young people to participate in a range of activities and experiences across our six key themes.
- To deliver sessions which support with the delivery of preventative issue based youth work
- To establish positive relationships with young people, to challenge, support and encourage them to participate positively.
- To work alongside and support Activity Workers, Volunteers and Young Leaders to deliver our programmes.
Why work for Mahdlo Youth Zone
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Mahdlo Youth Zone team and to help to create a long-lasting legacy for young people across the borough.
Working at Mahdlo means you have free access to our onsite gym, 14.54% of your hours worked paid holiday allowance, learning & development opportunities, branded workwear and more!
The strength of Mahdlo Youth Zone and the OnSide network of Youth Zones is the diversity of its people; we place huge value on equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, communities and abilities.
This role offers:
- Automatic enrolment to Medicash Health Care scheme on successful completion of probationary period
- Free onsite gym access
In accordance with Mahdlo’s Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires an enhanced DBS check and will require you to complete Safeguarding training within three months of appointment and refresher training thereafter.
Application forms are also available by emailing email@example.com.
You must be committed to working within the spirit of Mahdlo’s core values – Passion, Respect, Inclusion, Dependability and Excellence – which describe the way we work.
Closing date: midday on Thursday 26th May 2022