Mahdlo Youth Zone is a state-of-the-art multi-million Pound location providing young people aged 8 to 19, and up to 25 for those with additional needs, engaging and exciting opportunities to try something new, seven days a week.
We’ve got incredible facilities including a 3G Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) pitch climbing wall, boxing gym, three court sports hall, sensory room, fully equipped gym including weightlifting equipment, recreation area and dance, arts, music and media suites and much more.
As our new Inclusion Coordinator – Cultural Cohesion you’ll ensure that our provision for young people is inclusive; supports community cohesion and provides an environment where members from diverse demographics, ethnic communities, feel safe, involved and welcome.
You will broaden and increase overall participation rates to ensure participation is representative of the demographics of Oldham and carry out targeted outreach and partnership work to promote Mahdlo Youth Zone and gain an understanding of, and work to overcome any barriers to participation.
Why work for Mahdlo Youth Zone
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Mahdlo Youth Zone team and to help to create a long-lasting legacy for young people across the borough.
Working at Mahdlo means you have free access to our onsite gym, 14.54% of your hours worked paid holiday allowance, learning & development opportunities, branded workwear and more!
The strength of Mahdlo Youth Zone and the OnSide network of Youth Zones is the diversity of its people; we place huge value on equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, communities and abilities.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- identify the diverse needs of young people in Oldham and plan, coordinate and deliver youth work targeting these needs; ensuring young people benefit from participation in Mahdlo sessions.
- work with part time youth workers, volunteers, parents of young people and community representatives to prepare and deliver developmental activities and undertake outreach work to promote Mahdlo’s provision across all communities.
- support young people’s involvement, helping them to have a voice and become young leaders for their communities, supporting and encouraging them to play a more active role in their community.
- understand the issues underlying community tensions and from this tackle issues of mistrust and develop respect in order to build stronger relations within, and between communities.
- influence the general programme at Mahdlo so that it is attractive to young people from diverse backgrounds.
- contribute to the building of effective partnerships with statutory and voluntary services and other relevant agencies.
- act as a duty lead worker for Mahdlo sessions as and when required; responsible for young people, team and the building, during the session.
This role offers:
- Flexible working hours
- Automatic enrolment to Medicash Health Care scheme on successful completion of probationary period
- Free onsite gym access
In accordance with Mahdlo’s Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires an enhanced DBS check and will require you to complete Safeguarding training within three months of appointment and refresher training thereafter.
Application forms are also available by emailing email@example.com.
You must be committed to working within the spirit of Mahdlo’s core values – Passion, Respect, Inclusion, Dependability and Excellence – which describe the way we work.
Closing date: Friday 13th May at midday