Mahdlo’s Mentoring Team has raised almost £400 for the charity after completing the Mahdlo Way Challenge.
The challenge, a 42 mile walk over four Saturdays in July and August, was a direct mirror of the Oldham Way walk that starts and finishes at Daisy Nook Country Park, taking in Saddleworth along the way.
A mixed group of mentees, mentors and staff struck out into the countryside to take part, with our group of young people taking the lead on the fundraising and spearheading the walking group.
Nadine Hopkinson, Mentoring Coordinator at Mahdlo, said: “I want to send a huge thank you to everyone who took part, supported the group, and also gave sponsorship to keep our group of intrepid explorers going!
“We had an amazing time on the walk. There were plenty of challenges along the way but the group was awesome and I am so proud of everything they’ve achieved.”
Our mentoring programme is recruiting again! For more info please contact Nadine.Hopkinson@mahdloyz.org
Mentoring Training Dates:
Group Selection Days
- Wed 23rd Oct 5:30-9:30pm OR
- Sat 26th Oct 1-5pm
*If applicants are successful they will be invited to attend the training programme dates below:
- Wed 6th Nov 5:30-9:30pm OR
- Sat 9th Nov 1-5pm
- Wed 13th Nov 5:30-9:30pm OR
- Sat 16th Nov 1-5pm
- Wed 20th Nov 5:30-9:30pm OR
- Sat 23rd Nov 1-5pm
- Wed 27th Nov 5:30-9:30pm OR
- Sat 30th Nov 1-5pm
- Wed 4th Dec 5:30-9:30pm OR
- Sat 7th Dec Oct 1-5pm
- Wed 11th Dec 5:30-9:30pm OR
- Sat 14th Dec 1-5pm
Before Applicants can be considered for matching they MUST:
- Be successful at the group selection day
- Attend all the training sessions
- Fulfil all the clearance checks: DBS/ 2 Satisfactory References
- Be successful in interview
For more info please contact Nadine.Hopkinson@mahdloyz.org