Mahdlo Youth Zone is committed to protecting and safeguarding the welfare of the children, young people and vulnerable adults we engage with, who attend our activities and who may visit our building or off-site locations.
We have a range of policies and procedures to ensure Mahdlo Youth Zone meets its legal and statutory responsibilities and reflects best practice.
Here are some of our key policies available to download. If there are others you would like more information about, please do not hesitate to get in touch or contact our HR department on 0161 624 0111.
Equity, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EEDI) Statement
Diversity brings innovation, fresh ideas and creativity, and we actively strive to create a culture that is truly inclusive and fair for all and where everyone can be themselves and thrive.
The strength of Mahdlo comes from the diversity of the people within our charity. We are striving to build an organisation that reflects the community we serve. We value people working together from a range of different backgrounds and with different experiences, all with a shared passion for raising the aspirations of young people from across Oldham.
We recognise that we are on a journey to create a diverse and inclusive culture that truly reflects our values and the vibrancy of Oldham’s communities. We are committed to:
- Promote a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Develop and nurture our employees, making the most of individuals’ unique backgrounds and experiences
- Operate within the principles of fairness, respect, quality, integrity, and empathy for colleagues, and all stakeholders in our charity
Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy provides a clear and focussed approach to achieving our goals
- People and Culture – Cultivate and promote an inclusive culture that maximises talent, skills and diversity of our employees.
- Build and maintain a diverse workforce – Attract and retain a pipeline of diverse candidates with a wealth of experience and talent.
- Support and champion equality, diversity and inclusion across the Youth Zone – Celebrate diversity and strive for social equality in all that we do