Mahdlo’s Mentoring Project is on the lookout for new recruits.
Can you spare one or two hours per week to provide support to a young person in need? Read on!
You don’t need a youth work background to be a mentor, you just need to be a positive role model and be available to give one to two hours a week on a one to one basis.
Mahdlo Mentors come from all walks of life and are recruited because they share a willingness to help young people through providing guidance and assistance with any difficulties they may be experiencing.
HOW TO BECOME A MENTOR
- Be successful on group selection day.
- Successfully complete the training and all clearance procedures.
- Have suitable skills and qualities to become a mentor.
- Have the time and commitment to be a mentor for at least 12 months.
Current Mahdlo mentor, Holly, said: “Being a mentor is very fulfilling and it’s helped me to develop as a person by working on my communication and other skills. I feel valued and it’s great to make a real connection with someone. I’d recommend it to anyone!”
Group Selection Day
- Sat 15th Feb 12-4:30pm
*If applicants are successful they will be invited to attend the training programme dates below:
- Sat 29th February, 12:00 – 4:30pm
- Sat 7th March, 12:00 – 4:30pm
- Sat 14th March, 12:00 – 4:30pm
- Sat 21st March, 12:00 – 4:30pm
- Sat 28th March, 12:00 – 4:30pm
- Sat 4th April, 12:00 – 4:40pm
(Food & Refreshments will be provided)
Join our current mentors in making a difference to more than 100 young people from across the borough!
If you would like further information, then please contact our Mentor Coordinator Nadine Hopkinson, either via email to Nadine.Hopkinson@mahdloyz.org or call on 07702 902235.