Mahdlo Youth Zone has successfully achieved Action Together’s Quality in Action Award after we demonstrated excellence in every category of the award.
The Quality in Action Award covers seven key categories:
- Organisational Governance – How we run our organisation, what our aims are and how we make decisions
- Safeguarding – How we ensure the safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Safer recruitment and staffing – How we recruit, train and supervise team members
- Health and Safety – How we make sure your activities are safe and that you have things in place in case things go wrong
- Equal Opportunities – How we make sure we’re inclusive and welcoming
- Promotion and Partnerships – How we work with others and involve young people in our decision making
- Finance – How we look after the funding we receive
The Quality in Action Award is a recognised framework for voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) organisations working across Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside to prove their impact. The award is an independent, local seal of approval which publicly demonstrates a commitment to safeguarding, quality assurance and continuous improvement.
Chief Executive Lucy Lees was presented with the award by Action Together’s Oldham Director, Laura Windsor-Welsh, on a recent visit to Mahdlo Youth Zone.