Mahdlo’s mentoring project is on the lookout for new recruits.
You don’t need a youth work background to be a mentor, you just need to be a positive role model and be available to give one to two hours a week on a one to one basis.
Mahdlo’s mentors come from all walks of life and are recruited because they share a willingness to help young people by providing guidance and assistance with any difficulties they may be experiencing.
Volunteer mentors will work flexibly depending on the young person’s needs and availability. This will also have to work around the availability of the mentor. If you are interested in making a difference in a young person’s life then sign up!
We provide full training on working with young people and support mentors to develop their skills as they go through their mentoring journey.
- Meet and actively develop a supportive relationship with a young person (mentee), establishing clear boundaries.
- Give practical help and guidance to your mentee, assisting them to develop life skills.
- Assist your mentee in gaining information and develop their understanding about relevant issues e.g. housing, training and employment, relationships/personal issues, money management.
- Enable your mentee to access appropriate professional support provided by other agencies and how best to use them.
- Attend and participate fully in supervisions and training sessions.
- Encourage your mentee to celebrate their achievements.
- Complete all evaluations, online session feedback forms and other paperwork as required.
- Adhere to the Policies and Procedures in the delivery of your role.
Get in touch
Please get in touch if you’d like any more information or to start your mentoring journey.